Student awards were handed out for the Chester County "What's So Cool About Manufacturing" video competition on April 6, 2016 at the Penn State Great Valley campus in Malvern, Pa. Judges awarded the Phoenixville Area High School student team with the Outstanding Videography award for their short video profile of Omega Design and its manufacturing operation.
The “What’s So Cool About Manufacturing” Video Contest is a growing initiative that provides small teams of high school students with a GoPro camera and assigns them to a local manufacturer. The teams create short video profiles of their assigned companies and the career opportunities they offer. The contest was an effort designed to dispel the outdated image of manufacturing as boring, dirty and dangerous and to introduce the community to the lean and clean work environments consistent in the high tech field of today’s manufacturing.
The Awards Ceremony celebrated students’ work and critical findings through trophies, speeches, certificates, medals, pictures, and videos.
Prizes were awarded for:
- Outstanding Videography: Phoenixville Area High School for their video at Omega Design
- Outstanding Editing: West Chester Henderson High School for their video at Acero Precision.
- Outstanding Cool: Downingtown STEM Academy for their video at USSC Group.
- Viewers’ Choice: Oxford Area High School for their video on Aerzen.
For more information
- Contest supported by the Manufacturing Alliance of Chester and Delaware Counties
- Contest supported by Chester County Economic Development Council
- Watch the Omega video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diWUTNYHR0M&feature=youtu.be