Glenn Siegele, President of Omega Design Corporation, was one of three featured panelists in a serialization roundtable article published in the American Pharmaceutical Review.
Questions asked include:
- Many regulations for track-and trace and serialization are still being finalized. What advice can you give to a pharma company that wants to be prepared?
- What anti-counterfeiting and anti-diversion technologies show the most promise to thwart illegal activities and why?
- What are some of the biggest barriers to implement track and trace technologies? Cost? Complexity? Lack of regulatory guidelines?
- What segment of the industry is really driving advances in track and trace/serialization? Government? Industry? Vendors? Why? Who has the most to gain, or lose?
- Do you foresee regulatory agencies around the globe coming to a joint consensus on track and trace regulations in the near future?