Careers at Omega
Assists in direction and completion of electrical/controls engineering design tasks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participates in developing and maintaining engineering standards for electrical engineering group and company products overall. Provides broad technical expertise across all company products as relates to their controls architecture and electrical makeup.
- Participates in collaborative design efforts that assure inclusion and participation of all relevant stakeholders in product development.
- Participates in new product design, assuring that sound safety and electrical engineering fundamentals are satisfied in design, developing each machine’s controls architecture to support the specific control and actuation of the mechanical devices that comprise the machine’s functionality and satisfy specific customer design requirements.
- Thorough understanding of ladder-logic programming, knowledge of various PLC programming languages with emphasis on Allen-Bradley Studio 5000 programming environment.
- Experience with Rockwell FactoryTalk ME / SE Studio and FactoryTalk Viewpoint software necessary. FactoryTalk Historian, Transaction Manager, and Batch Manager preferred.
- Experience with SCADA systems.
- Experience with VFD, Servo motion, and DC drives; Set-up, commissioning, and troubleshooting.
- Experience with Networks, design and commissioning for machine control.
- Experience with vision systems. Cognex preferred
- Preparation of electrical panel physical layouts, accompanying electrical schematics, rendered as detailed drawings conforming to Omega drawing templates and design standards.
- Assists in compiling and analyzing operational, test, and research data to establish performance standards for newly designed or modified equipment or product.
- Designs and conducts suitable experiments and analyzes test data and reports to determine if design meets functional and performance specifications.
- Confers with production, R & D, and other engineering personnel and prepares or directs others in design modifications as required.
- Designs electrical test equipment, facilities, components, & products, and develops applications of systems for domestic and international industrial purposes.
- Participates in coordinating activities to ensure that design, manufacturing, and operational testing conform to functional specifications and customer requirements.
- Competently uses AutoCad Electrical software to create electrical designs and schematics, as well as mechanical layout of panel components to assure fit and guide subsequent panel assembly.
- Reviews product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, and customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
- Participates in coordinating activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling, and resolving engineering design and test problems.
- Supports shop floor issues by evaluating existing design deficiencies and implementing improvements that improve shop efficiency and product quality.
- Supports Sales and Production Departments in technical issues regarding design and manufacture.
- Supports Field Service Department with machine installation, upgrades, and troubleshooting
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university preferred and 5-10+ years of progressively more responsible experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The employee will occasionally be required to travel domestically to customer sites and or to attend trade events. This is expected to be between 0% and 25% in any given year.
- Medical / dental / vision / life insurance
- Short and long term disability insurance
- Flexible spending plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Matching 401(k) program
- Eleven paid holidays per year
- Flexible hours
- Employee training and development
- Advancement opportunities
- Continuous improvement culture
Don't See Your Position?
We may need you anyway! Submit your resume and cover letter to be the first for consideration when a position opens. In some cases, we may even create a new position designed around your unique skill set. Read more about Omega's Workforce Development.
Send Inquiries To:
Human Resources: email@example.com